Friday, February 12, 2010

what I am working on


I am not feeling all that well, health-wise. But I still wanted to share what I have been working on. I just finished my husband's valentine's present. I have been wanting him to have something for his desk that I made for him, and I thought that a potted flower might be too girly, so I came up with making him a potted cactus holding a heart. The letters "LLA" stand for "Lani, Loves, Aram". He has similar letters for me that are inscribed on the inside of our wedding rings. Aram says to me, "ALLAH" meaning "Aram, Loves, Lani, All, Hours" He thought that it might offend some people, but its our thing that we have together.
I am working on an ear flap hat for my friend. The yarn has stained my needles black and I thought that I read something the other day about something that people put on their needles that makes the yarn slide easier and it helps keep the tips nice, but I can't remember what it was or where I read it! If anyone knows what I am referring to, please help!
And then I am also working on this latch hook rug, I think that I figured out that I am about 1/5 of the way finished. I haven't worked on it much this week, but I do find it relaxing to work on. Its not very creative because I am just following a graph, but again its really nice and relaxing.
Well, till the next time!
Lani

3 comments:

  1. The cactus is cute! I hope you feel better soon! Are you doing the Ravelympics?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have received the Sunshine Award! Come by my blog and pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your crochet cactus - he is just the right level of cute for that hard to crochet for guy :-)

    ReplyDelete